Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

I finally, finally have some time to work on issues with the site. Well, not really, but I am taking the time to do so. So please do not waste time by posting commentary or re-posting stuff that has already been posted.

If you know of a bug/issue with the site that needs to be fixed, please reply to this thread to post a description.

HERE ARE THE RULES:
1) READ the thread prior to posting. DO NOT post an issue that has already been posted. If you want to elaborate on an issue, please PM me.
2) LIMIT COMMENTARY. Please only post descriptions of bugs/issues.
3) BE DESCRIPTIVE. Add links if possible. The more information you can give about the issue the easier it will be for me to fix it.
4) CHECK that the issue is still occurring before posting it. I have already fixed a number of issues.

I will be editing posts to help keep track and updating each posted item when fixed.
Positive and negative karma will be used in this thread. :)

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
1) Ok I just checked and the Garage still has the issue of not letting you select the next page. :shrug:

Other then that I don't know of any other problems :tup:

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
2) I dont know if this is a bug or not. However, Whenever I post pictures. Everytime without fail, the the first picture will come out as a link. The others will be pictures.
If I go back and re attach the
, It still does the same thing. I often end up copying the
that didnt show up and pasting it right after the first to get the pic viewable.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
3) When you click on the "Reputation" pips under your nickname, the link takes you straight back to the homepage, whereas before, it would let you view who has left Karma and what they have said about you.

This has been like this for a good long while.

Ben.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
When you try and give Karma in the thread, the pop-up that tells you you can't says

Sorry, you cannot give reputation to this post. <br/<br/>Please<a href=javascript:history.go(-1)'>click here</a> to go back to the previous screen.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
When you try and give Karma in the thread, the pop-up that tells you you can't says
That only does that on threads in Karma-exempt forums, or in posts that are more than a few months old.

6) When you click "edit post", when it brings up the editing box, none of the smilies are visible, just red X's.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
That only does that on threads in Karma-exempt forums, or in posts that are more than a few months old.
I know, I was just stating this because someone had the problem of trying to give Karma in the lounge, and received an indecipherable error message. I was just looking to clear it up for them.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
that one is actually because there was never an image created to be associated with that low of a karma level. I remember it from when he got teh banhammer.

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
This is a long-running bug. The blue Mazda symbols that we click to mark a forum as read on the home page works well for most forums, but for some forums (News, bulk buy, site questions), once you click the forum as read, it actually takes you to that forum. This is an annoyance more than anything.

Also, for the For Sale section, would it be possible to add one of these Mazda symbols to mark all of the for sale sub-forums as read instead of having to click on each individually? It would also make the format of the for sale section consistent with the other sections.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
PM sent, sean, about the garage issue. we got it fixed on our local board. :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
When I edit a post and try to add an image I can manually insert the img tag but if I hit the landscape icon to add the image I get this:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
again on the garage issue.

for anyone who wants to browse the garage, there is a way to do it for now until Scoob gets the files changed out.

currently, when u click the "next page" or any of the numbers buttons this is what you get

http....mx6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=$_REQUEST[do]&perpage=25&page=2

where the 2 is the page you're trying to get to.

however, if you type this in instead
http.....mx6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=list&perpage=25&page=2

again, the 2 being whatver page you want to go to (can be 3, 4, 5....basically as high as there are pages)

it'll take you to that page.

also doing that i'm fairly certain u can change how many it shows per page. so where it says "perpage=25" in theory, you should be able to change it to "perpage=50" and it'll show 50. but i havent tried it myself.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
might be. i went up to 100 with it and was more than satisfied. :lol:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
In *all* of the the 1G FAQ sections, it is impossible to "show threads from beginning"... it will change it back to "45 days".

All of the FAQs should be sticky, all of the time, don't you think? The FAQ's shouldn't dissappear if they are older than the forum's default display period (last 30 days), because most of the faqs are *more* that 30 days old... doh!

I wanted to post a link to the inertia files... but... I have to search to get it. That's kinda annoying. I *know* where it is. I should not have to search. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts