Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was new to these forums. I just bought a 97 mx-6 with 82k miles on stock motor. It has a full exhaust system. I was thinking about turbo'n it. Could anyone help me with the kit i should use?

and if anyone knows a mazda based performance shop in nj please let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there aren't really any kits readily available for the MX-6. You can buy the hot pipes pre-made, but you're on your own for intercooler pipes, and you pretty much have to piece your kit together.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not a klze so i guess its fs. stock its like 160 170 hp? and im more around central jersey... little falls, paterson, totowa around those towns. i really have no idea about mazda s i was more of a subaru guy but i found this mx -6 for 2k and really liked it .. hopefully ill post up some pics for u guys soon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k i went and check the car out again today its a kl v6 engine seems to be pretty clean. I guess i just need to find a mazda based performance shop near by me. if anyone of you guys kno anyone that knows what there doin pls let me kno cuz everyplace i went to said they dont know what to do and that theyll try to figure out a way, which doesnt seem like what there doin

·
Registered
605 Posts
a good rule of thumb to go by is "if the mechanic has never worked on a mazda before, dont let him start with yours..."
I learned that the hard way, after 2300.oo and some change, and a completely ruined engine...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i reallly dont trust anyone that hasnt worked on one... since i live around paterson everyone is about honda...hondahondahonda... i really need someone who knows what there doing.. all about how to put everything on and tune the car.. if anyone can help please do

·
Registered
25 Posts
yo congrats on getting the 6. as far as a shop you should go check out the wyane mazda dealer and try to talk to some of the mechanics they have there b.c i know a few of them have done up some mazdas and the guys in parts are really well knowledge with that info you might need

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks bro u helped out alot wayne mazda is pretty near by too.. ill check it out.. thanks again

·
Registered
53 Posts
I still say do everything your self. I like being able to say this is my car and i built it. You just got to study and get as much info as you can be4 you go out there and get your hands dirty

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
It's the thread that noobies took over! :lol:

Okay, back on topic :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
yea no problem dude they will probly be really helpful with giving you the info you need for your car just need to talk to the right guy in the garage and shit

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
guys thank you so much you couldnt be more helpful.. i called wayne mazda they were like no we dont do anything with after market mx-6 parts.. ill prob stop by there and ask in person and ragincan thanks for the advice

1 - 20 of 95 Posts