Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to start building my motor. Im plaining on useing the J-SPEC .5mm overbore 10.4-1 Pistons. What size ring compressor would i need?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a few more questions do the rods need to be pressed on and is there any other tools that i will need just for this motor. I have a ring file, torque wrench, Digital Caliper And Digital Micrometer

·
Registered
170 Posts
Some ring compressors will go from 2.5" to 6"+

Make sure you have a torque wrench for Inch Lbs and Ft Lbs.

No the rods don't need to be pressed on but some piston pins do(not sure on the 2.0)

Not sure what your planning on building your engine for but if you change your pistons, get your crank rebalanced.

Oh and 12mm and 14mm 12 point sockets are a must.

L8888888888

B

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only ring compressors i can find are 4+but i do have a 84.5mm from my b18 build. As of the torque wrench i have both but do u have specs on the rods, head ect. and yea i am changing my pistons so i will get my crank rebalanced now that i no its a good idea thanks boss for the help

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car was a buddys and i loved it drove it all the time. Its has bad rings now so he got a 302 stang ang sold me the mx6. so now its time for me to rebuild it. I cant wait to have it back on the road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts