Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for bumper covers for some time now and was wondering if a 95 240 sx cover would semi fit with a little mod. Has anybody tried this conversion. Or is there something out there that might fit a little better. Seems with all my searching that we are stuck with 1 or 2 covers and thats it . I think the only options we have to us suck... thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've always wanted a standard mid to late nineties Impreza front one. It kinda looks like a R34 GTR frontend, and it's the same dimensions on the front as a first gen.:tup: Just cut out the center section where the license plate is, and you have a huge opening for an intercooler!!:p

·
Registered
589 Posts
Would be cool if you did, but from personal experience I can tell you nothing will fit easy... to get it to fit and look right and getting the gaps to a minimum is always a load of work. Then again if you don't want it to be in show condition you could settle for a less proper fit... but then it's not worth doing anyway imo

Mine was recently fitted with a 93-93 honda accord rear bumper, which supposedly was an 'easy fit'. Ended up being days and days of work for my bodyshop to make it fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Dimensionally the closest car to a 1G MX6 with a excellent range of bumpers is the S13 Silvia.

The problem is that the end of an S13 bumper have cutouts around the fenders rather than a straight join.

But if you have some f/glass skillz it would not take too much work to blend the MX6 upper to the S13 lower.
Check out fibreglassforums.com for tips and techniques.

Just make sure that you don't get a "flex" FRP bumper, they generally have a terrible finish even when fitted on the correct car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you're gonna do fiberglass you might as well just design your own style of body kit from the stock bumper or blend it with another bumper.
I took my stock bumper and blended the bottom portion of an 95 eclipse bumper to it.
I would say a 5-6 on 1-10 difficulty rating...i might have a pic on here with the bumper on my car I'll post it if i find it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ya'!! The Impreza base model bumper is the same dimensions, just without the big lights in it. And you can usually pick one up, brand new for 75.00 from Certi-fit, or Keystone Automotive!:tup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for all the info !!! I'm going to check out the Impreza base model bumper . When i do do it i'll take pics thats if anyone cares...lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm gonna mold a kit from the 91 Honda Accord coupe. It's gonna take some time an alota fiberglass work, but the end results should be worth it.I know for some it's hard to work with fiberglass, but with a calm deminor it can be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts