Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it only me, or anyone has the same problem. I have a 1988 mazda 626 GT Turbo and it has about 180K on it. I changed the oil abou 3K and i had replaced the valve cover gasket because it was leaking oil pretty bad, i also had a hole it the header that i replaced this week (also replaced the valve cover gasket this week to). i will go and get the oil changed next week and monitor it if it's still burning. Does any one have any ideas if this factors can lead to buring oil or just the engine it old and need to be raplaced or ribuld?

1988 mazda 626 GT Turbo, reactive muffler, ground control coil-over, pioneer cd, soundstream 500, soundstream 200, 2 DEI 12's, alphasonic crossover, RF fanatic component set...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
It could also be your turbo leaking/burning oil as I think this is what is also causing my car to consume oil. You can check if the compressor side is leaking by taking the pipes from the turbo to I/C off, if there is a lot of oil in here then it is probably that side of the turbo leaking.

You can remove your spark plugs and check these. If they oil coated, this suggests that oil is leaking past worn valve guides or piston rings into the combustion chamber( from haynes repair manual). It also says that this can cause hard starting, misfiring and hesitation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts