Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. Havent been on in a while, but I need some help with my shifter. So I have finally found time to put in the two bushings that come with rafi's sts kit-the red ones. BUT, i cant figure out how to get the old one's out. About a month ago, I spent an entire afternoon trying to pull, pry, and cut them out, but to no avail. How do I get these out? And is it one bushing or two? thanks guys.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to bring this back, but I cant seem to get it out. Did you just use your hand, or did you have to use something like a screwdriver and a hammer? thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, so I finally got the old bushing out, but now I am having problems getting the new red ones in. We have tried vice-grips, clamps, screwdrivers, tightening nuts over them, everything we can think of. So, if anyone has suggestions...

·
Registered
275 Posts
either cool the bushing or heat the metal that should work, but for most bushings i have always just used soapy water and something to pull it through, but i know many people who use the expansion/contraction method, just be careful, i would contact the manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts