Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to but a 93 mx6 ls. Its the v6 2.5l. It has 71k and black leather interior. He is selling it for 5500. I was just wondering if thats a good deal.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
i paid 500 more 3 years ago with 11k less miles
is it atx or mtx?
does it run good? or just ok?
did he service it a lot?
any mods?

keep in mind its a 11 year old car

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sounds high for a 93, even with only 71k. I looked it up on Kelly BB and it had 4,800 for automatic and 4,400 for manual. Ebay has
a '96 M Edition that should finish under 5k. I got my 93 for 3k with
95k mileage. If your gonna pay 5500, try to find a 93 5.0 Mustang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its off a dealership

im getting the car from a hole in the wall dealership. its pretty small and im only seventeen so i will have to get my dad to co sighn. the ebay wont work.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
well atx means its an automatic tranny
mtx-manual

i ask because the atx's suck butt until the 95 model year came out
if it has 71k miles,check carfax and ask if the dealer knows of the people who had the car before the dealer got it.if it was a kid dont bother, ur tranny will go out sooner or later, trust me i am on my 3rd transmission

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
manual

Today im going to talk to him and going to test drive it. it is a stick i wouldnt buy anything else. ive looked in and out itsreally clean. I have a 89 mx6 and im going to sell that so that will go strait to the new 6

·
Registered
59 Posts
I paid 4250 for me 95 ls mx6 and it had 85000 miles on it. It should have gone fore about 5200, but it was in excelent condition. If its in pretty good condition it still should go for less.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I paid 6000 for my 96 M-Edition, its a bit high, but i love the car so i took it. Talked him down a grand though, so it was a deal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you gotta deal...even for a 4 cyl. My advice--fix it up and paint it if
it needs it and sell it to get a 6 cyl. MTX.

·
Registered
551 Posts
wow... i paid 2700 for mine, and it had only 88k on it... clean and in pretty good condition, but i bought it from a guy who didn't know much about cars, and anything at all about the mx6... so i lucked out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bought mine for 1700 and it had 147000 miles on it 94 ls it was clean and the motor was excellent hey i live in nyc and i bought it in boston and i drove it back home with no problems what so ever.

for now the only problem i ever got was bad ignition i needed to replace.

if u like buy and enjoy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts