Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys must get this question alot, but im new to MX-6's. I am currently looking at buying an 88 5 speed turbo (sunroof). Is there anything that i should be looking out for when inspecting the car apart from the usual? What are some of the common problems associated with the car?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
This would probably better suit the "New Members" forum, but as I can't move th thread, I shall respond to it.

There are a few things that go wrong with these cars over the years. Check the throttle body boot (see threads below), check all the other intercooler pipes, radiator hoses, blah blah blah. If you can, check the turbo for any shaft play. Drive it and check for smoke out of the tailpipe, listen for noises, really the basic car stuff. The throttle body boot is really the only thing I can think of that might be a problem on this car but not necessarily on others.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I would see that the transmission shifts smoothly, does'nt grind too much. If the previous owners have'nt turned up the boost then the main things would be regular wear and tear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts