Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to buy a klze. is their any local places to buy a klze. I know butcho had some resources.So i want to spend around $800. Also any recommendations for a person to install? Advice...:tup:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I really wish i could be of more help, but i only know places around the greater Seattle area. Butcho should know more, PM him or something. Good luck

·
Registered
332 Posts
If your down to drive up to auburn i would def reccomend A-1 (A One Japanese Engine) but that is kind of a drive for you

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called A-1. they charge $895. Ya its quite a drive. (2 hr 52min)
So thats one option. I pmed butcho, now just waiting.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
There is some company in Oregon Butcho deals with that he recommends. He definitely would know more. Let us know what you find out...

And i think there should be a sticky about where you can get KLZE's in the NW.

Reactions: Adaman

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just out of curiousty how many of you have dealt with a1? Hey dave why did you go with nippon? You could have gone to corksport for a few hundred more, and that even included a reprogrammed ecu?

·
Registered
332 Posts
When i went up there the guy showed my like 4 different ZE's all with the eunos800 IM and pretty much let me choose which ever one looked the best. The motor runs very strong, not burning oil or anything and there is no leaks what so ever.

and to mention it comes with 12 months/12,000 miles warrenty which ever comes first

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How much was the installation for you? Also, does eunos800 ZE differ from the ze that's normal?

·
Registered
739 Posts
dude just pick up an ECHO newspaper, and start calling all the import engine dealers listed in there and you can price match!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
i paid $1200 and that included new valve cover gaskets, water pump gasket, oil pump housing grounded for my udp, my headers that he had to cut and re-weld, new plugs/wires and there is prolly some more but i cant think of it right now.

The eunos has kl-01 cams but i have read all over here and probetalk that it should pull about 200hp and the eunos800 IM has a better air flow design getting better air flow to the motor

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow thats a great deal! 1200 for motor and install. what mechanic did you go to? So you got all the gaskets at A-1 too?

i'll look for an echo newspaper. Never heard of them though...

·
Registered
332 Posts
sorry that came out wrong, the installation itself was 1200 at the car spa in bellevue and the mechanic ordered the gaskets and everything else he needed for it

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotcha, still thats not too bad considering the gaskets and all.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does the eunos800 IM come on all ze's?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
if i could get a hold of my mechanic he would do the installation for around 400 not including the gaskets

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Adaman said:
just out of curiousty how many of you have dealt with a1? Hey dave why did you go with nippon? You could have gone to corksport for a few hundred more, and that even included a reprogrammed ecu?
I went to Nippon for my motor because of the feedback from numerous other mx6.com members who'd used them. I PM'd a few of them and got all their feedback and wasn't able to find 1 that had a negative experience. And as far as going to Corksport their prices were way too high for not a lot more. I have an eprom chip for the ECu so corksport would have just been a waste. As far as installing, I'm really glad I did it myself as that is THE REASON that my engine bay and engine look as good as they do. Hours of standing in the big hole scrubbing at all the hoses and painting everything. The only way you get your engine bay to look like mine is to pay some guy a couple grand or spend a couple days/weeks doing it yourself. It seems like a waste to go through all the trouble of swapping motors and then having it look like ass.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a little worried that i might have some problems with the eunos800 because my mx6 is a 93 and i heard some problems with that year. WHat makes the eunos800 better than a normal straight neck ZE?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
well,the eunos intake mani is supposed to flow better than the regular ze intake mani. both the eunos ze and regular ze have the same hp but, the eunos ze has our stock klo1 cams not the more agresive kl31 cams that the other ze come with

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks scuba, that answeres alot of small questions. I think i'd rather have the kl31 cams over the eunos800

1 - 20 of 26 Posts