Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Well, I've got bigpond cable at home and was wondering if any of you boffin types new about the legality of owning (not using) a cable descrambler?

Where do you get them and how do they work??

(Sorry this isn't about cars and should be in the lounge but I figure like me most of you woudn't go there that often!)

moderator!!! oi! is there a moderator in the house???

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The Foxtel/Bigpond cable is too well encrypted. No one has had any luck decoding it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Decoding is take the signal from the Foxtel cable and turning into pciture and sound (TV). There several units that seem to work to descramble cable TV in the US, but none of them works here.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
fair enough, thanx. didn't know if that kind of stuff possible

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ric Ric Ric....Just a question do you mind if we post non MX6 related topics on here??

I mean if I knew you were interested in the descrambler unit I would have asked the same question a few months back...

Anyway Ive been doing alot of research on the FOXTEL descrambling stuff.

Ive been looking for a descramlber/decoder for my Foxtel Satellite unit for over 6 months now.

With regards to Foxtel cable, there is a bit of a problem with receiving a signal, if you arent subscribed to Foxtel Cable TV you will not get any signal at all because there is no box hit signal sent to you from Foxtel to your home address...

Im looking for a sat decoder because
1. I dont have Cable access where I am and I got the satellite dish instead from Foxtel.

2. Satellite doesnt really need a box hit to receive signal, because the sat pics up all Foxtel signal being transmitted if i can get a decoder ide be able to receive free pay-tv

With regards to units available from overseas, there is a unit from Japan made by General Electric which is able to descramble the Foxtel Sat signal. I havent been able to find someone who sells them...I forget the model number of this unit.

By the way Ive also tried copying the SMART Cards distributed from Foxtel it works, but I wouldnt recommend it with Cable units since it sends a signal back to the head office with your location etc...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Sidey stole my thunder a bit ..
You see I know this guy......and he can provide a decoder for the satellite TV signal.
So yes ric. You can get them {wink wink} but only for satellite not the cable. Not that our upstanding beacon of morality/ moderator would wont one.....
Signed
Anonyms {definitely not P.K.}
:E

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no of course I wouldn't dream of actually doing it... just wondering ABOUT it! :)

Thanks for all the info fellas!

Hey, why are there no chicks participating in this forum?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts