Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im running the Hotshot intake except, Im using air intake hose from Autozone. The hose is 2in. dia.(for optimal intake) but the MAF is 3in dia., hence my problem. My idea was I went to good ole' Home Depot and bought a PVC reducer(3 to 2). But as everyone knows pvc tends to melt, so does anyone have any bright ideas on how to attach a 2in hose to a 3in MAF? I also considered welding sheet metal in to a kind of cone shape, but thats getting to be a big pain in the ass.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I went to Autozone and bought a 2.5 in Mighty flow! intake hose to replace my old 3 in dia hose. One problem I ran into was I could not get the 2.5 hose over the maf, so I cut off about 6 inches off of my 3 in hose and ran the smaller hose through it. Then, I used a 3 inch hose clamp to tighten them together to make sure there was no air loss. Then, you just run the other end of the hose through the intkae, use another 3 in hose clamp and tighten it on too the filter.

If you take a good look at my web page at the pics of my motor you will be able to see where the bigger more worn out hose goes through the newer smaller one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the help, but unfortunately the 3in hose is just too big to clamp air-tight to the 2in hose.

·
Registered
511 Posts
go to homedepot and in the plumbing section they have adapters that go from like 4" to 3" so they should have 3" to 2". they're made out of rubber and come with hose clamps on them already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts