Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if taking off front bumper bar is hard or easy job? I need to take it off so that i can get my piping for the CAI to the front of the car. Is it only the matter of unscrewing some nuts and bolts or is it more involving than that?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Removeing head lights grill
and a few nuts and screws and plastic push plugs and it's off

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
When i done mine, i had to also take off the front quarter panel and the splash guard to get the resonator and air tube out. You only need to undo half the front bumper to put your tubing in.

All up it was a 2hour job. All the bolts and screws are visiable but with the quarter panel, if my memory serves me right, theres 1 or 2 bolts to remove on the inside of the door hinges. Open your passenger door and they should be staring you in the face.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
what type of piping are you using peoples?
and where are u placing ur VAF/air filter?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will probably just use that piping that they sell at autobarn or something. My air filter will stil be at the same place but with the heath shield. I was thinking of putting the filter into the guard or at the front of the car, but the filter i have is just too wide so i will leave it under bonnet.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
so i will leave it under bonnet
well doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of a new CAI and CAI pipe? so basically all u are doing is putting a heat shield?

what will u be using for this heat shield?

·
Registered
90 Posts
ducktape69 said:
what will u be using for this heat shield?
I have seen people cut up computer towers and bend the pieces. They adapt very well to heat. and you can pick up ones for cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts