Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought my first 6 and my first mod will be cai where can i buy the prelude type kits from? i had a look on ebay unsucessfully.

·
Registered
778 Posts
have a look on ebay under ford probe or MX6, there should be plenty available. beware the cheap price, they usually get you with the shipping!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
yup. mx6 cold air intake. That'll get hundreds of results.

Bank on either buying one with a K&N filter (there are a few..) or getting another pod when it gets here has the eBay pods are crap.

·
Registered
778 Posts
the couplers are generally crap also, while they will last a year or two its good to know they will split down the road so id just go buy good ones once you get the CAI. my ebay CAI coupler split from no mounting bracket and slowly rubbing on another piece of metal, make sure you bolt your VAF to something to prevent this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had a look on ebay lol their r hundreds of em! All in the US unfortunately its gonna cost around$250-$300aud is their ne sold in oz?

·
Registered
752 Posts
$120!!!!!! go down to supercheap and buy 180 degree bend a straight bit and some rubber joiners, cost me $70 max

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
woah waht?

$250???

grand total of 79 USD which is $120 AUD
Yeah i saw that but didnt think they posted to AUS, but your right its not a bad price.

$120!!!!!! go down to supercheap and buy 180 degree bend a straight bit and some rubber joiners, cost me $70 max
yeah i think i will do this i want it to look as stock as possible to. Sweet i just got paid i'l head down there now.

##UPDATE## Scratch that idea, i was out measuring up what sizes i wld need for supercheap when i noticed how goddam restrictive our vaf is. The reason i wanted to do the prelude setup cai was because the factory cai looks very restrictive, but it kind of defeats the purpose if we have a restrictive vaf doesnt it??

·
Registered
778 Posts
just dont get the supercheap intake elbows packaged with clear plastic at the front and cardboard at the back, they look like metal but theyre not! chrome plastic FTL

my mate found out the hard way lol.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
##UPDATE## Scratch that idea, i was out measuring up what sizes i wld need for supercheap when i noticed how goddam restrictive our vaf is. The reason i wanted to do the prelude setup cai was because the factory cai looks very restrictive, but it kind of defeats the purpose if we have a restrictive vaf doesnt it??
yes, our VAF is very restrictive.

Adding a CAI will hardly result in a power gain.

but it sounds a whole heap cooler and DOES get better fuel economy.
I noticed about 1L/100km improvement down the highway after fitting a CAI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts