Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed cod2 and played a couple of battles.....holyshit!
Unbeleivable realism. I rate it very highly.
Anyhow, gotta go, pinned down by fascists in a 2 story building in Staligrad and it's bloody cold.:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
is it a network game like Counter Strike or can be played on single plyer mode as well as online? I bought counter strike but cant seem to be able to play it single player, just a couple of levels...lool....I was like gonna download COD2 but my speed reduced because of heaps of software download....loool...i thought it must be good....

ima get it then...

·
Registered
665 Posts
got it today...
nice fast action packed MP...

for realism i just play bf2...
but if i want non stop action ill play COD2

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plays single & multiplayer. I was going to get BF2 but the guy at EB said it sucked at single player.
I'm happy I waited now anyway. We should get an online game happening.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yeah like Counter Strike, it sucks at single player cause there is not many missions and 2 [plays game is over...i like a single player game that has heaps of levels...

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Just bought this, pretty good. Playing on Normal level, almost photo realistic quality. Good game

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can't get it running well with directx9, seems grainy and juddery. (running AMD XP2400+ O/C @ 2100ghz, 1.5gb ram and a 9600 pro).

Still, running with dx7 the image quality is just crazy good.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
I have directx9b I think. Works fine, just a bit sluggish occasionaly, that pointe du hoc level is insane though. In a good way :D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, I've got DX9c (which the game also tries to install), weird.

The smoke affect is very c00l .........unless, like me, you throw a smokey instead of a frag and get lost in a room full of Germans who are waiting for the smoke to clear so they can cap your arse.
The game really sucks you in. I find myself moving my head to peek around a corner.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Yeah some effects are crazy, like the heat haze in the desert or the changes in visuals when you get injured. I've made the mistake too ie thrown a frag instead of a smoke grenade, or vice a versa. I'm annoyed the sprint functions gone though. Don't miss medpacks though.

Visually the games great, just wish I could of used the tanks more.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sprint was only in United Offensive which was written by different people than COD1 & 2.

It does suck not having it, especially after just getting use to it. Seriously, who walks away from an MG42?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts