Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone this is "D" from Orlando and I'm new to the area. I'm trying to find any 6Xers out there in the East Orlando area. Around UCF. If you are a local 6 owner email me or AIM me. Later.

Dustin.

AOL - [email protected]

AIM - LdreamtheaterL

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
There are a few of us on the board that I know are around Orlando, myself is one, mx6gt91 is another. A lot of us are from Tampa and such.
My car isn't running right now, but in about 2 months it may be (I have a lot of work planned for the engine and stuff I need to do). I live in Winter Park, around Howell Branch and SR 436. Where are you at exactly? I know this area pretty well, lived here my whole 24 years on this earth.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live about 2 miles from the Race Track in Bithlo. Sometimes it can be annoying at night but bein' from New York i'm used to alot of noise. I know where you are at. I had a friend that lievd over near Howel Branch and 436...near the BP station. I am actually doing a KLZE swap friday so that'll be nice to test out...and my future plans are to turbo that SOB. Gotta get him runnin at 25-30psi before the summer gets here. ThanX for the response. Later

Dustin

·
Registered
781 Posts
i hope you have a different ECU for the KLZE
the KL03 ECU sucks with that motor.
Been there Done That. Good luck with it - its a pig of a motor
Hopefully you have a tru ZE unlike what i got stuck with on my 2nd ZE motor.
Im East coast 20 to 25 min from the Track and no longer have a MX6- moved on to better things - in Signature
But there are more probe owners that i know of by you
if ya want to get in touch with them also - let me know ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im grabbin a Jap ecu with this guy. No playin around here. I'm going to grab some JE pistons also so I can seriously turbo charge the ride. Thats the project right now but we'll see what the future holds for him. Later.

D.

MZDASPDR - Do you still have any parts from your ze? ECU intake...VAF?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have old stock fuel rails layn around
Thats about it
I got rid of everything from that pig over a Year ago.
My friend put S200 pistons and Mustang Cobra Rods in my old KL03 MX6 motor - Supercharged. and its got over 320+ to the wheels with the heads and intake manifold ported as well.

Sounds weird but it can be done and its still working really strong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm moving to Ormond very soon, which is East coast, right outside of Daytona, and about an hour and a half from Orlando..
-John

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dirty Jersey!!!

Hey John I'm originally from Trenton, NJ. I currently live in East Orlando near the race track. Get at me later brother.

Dustin

·
Registered
781 Posts
really there is a 91 turbo around UCF that is pretty quick
He's on here everynow and then
Why don't you all meet up on Wed nights out off of
University Blvd at SONIC's
with guys from Orlandoforums.com There is a great bunch of cars out there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sonics and UCF

Yeah that's where we usually meet on Wednesday night...Matter of fact....thats tonight..Woo Hoo...

Laters.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey.......I just moved to Florida from California at the beginning of fall semester.

I go to school at UF Gainesville, but my parents live in Winter Springs. (while I was living in California....they packed up and moved down here from Maryland)

I come down to visit them on some weekends and during holiday breaks....and it's always sorta beat due to the fact that I don't really know anyone in Orlando.

How big is the MX-6 scene out here??? I've hear that there are mostly probes in the area. Regardless, I'd be interested in seeing what it's all about.

Well....I have a 1995 Silver LS Shogun. I actually barely drive it these days due to the fact that I just bought a new toy. A silver 2003 CBR600 F4i. Yeah Yeah......it's a honda, but it's just not the same.

I'll attempt to attach some pics:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sorry about the slow honda, At least you have that bomb arse mazda to drive around in. I ride down to daytona like once a month or so, I'll be there for the first. Maybe we'll ride togeather sometime this summer. One word pal......Suzuki, it what you should have brought.

lol
I'm an arse.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah Yeah.........Well I looked at pics of your bike......And it's not exactly what I wanted for my first bike. I'd end up killing myself!

Maybe I'll end up upgrading later on........but for right now the CBR is plenty fast.

Yeah......let me know when you're planning to come down to daytona and I'll meet you there. I hear bike week up there is pretty bad ass. You ever been?

·
Registered
781 Posts
hey Atan
nice pictures. Welcome to FL
ya need to take a trip to orlando on a Sat Night one time
there are a few big meet spots.

Oh and im originally from Maryland (used to live in Calvert County- in Chesapeake Beach)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey MZDASPDR,

I was born in Baltimore.....then moved to Anne Arundel County. I lived in the Pasadena/Glen Burnie/Gibson Island area.

I come down to Orlando all the time. Let me know how to go about getting in touch with you once I get down there. I'm not too familiar with any meeting spots at all.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts