Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some diagrams of the FE engine in the GC, and they show the alternator mounted in the front of the engine, in a pretty easy to access spot. I was wondering these diagrams are correct, as the alternator is buried under the intake manifold on the F2.

I got to thinking that since the F2/FE block are so similiar, I probably could bolt the FE alternator bracket to where my air conditioning bracket was (Same general space...Possibly uses the same bolt holes), and relocate my alternator to a better spot.

Anyone have pictures of their GC to help me verify?

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
What exactly are you after ? i have a workshop manual i can scan pics for if needed :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the picture, Its hard to tell, but I think your braket extends under your exhaust manifold?

They look like they would fit.

I found a GC at the junkies yesterday, but it had air conditioning, and had the AC compressor mounted under the alternator...I'm not sure if that one would fit

I suppose I should just buy a bracket from the junkyard and test fit it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Flyswat, the mx6 that was featured in SCC magazine had the alternator relocated to the front using the stock f2 mount. I'm sure that whoever it was would tell you how to do it. I know he's a member here but i dont remember his name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats Ian's car, he is more active on probetalk than here. I got the idea looking at his, but he custom fabricated his own mount.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe the mount from GC will fit nicely to your F2 engine. And no the bracket doesn't extend under the monifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts