Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I am just wondering if the cam shaft wheel (top one under the timing belt) is actually the same (size and dimention and bolt on) as the older mazda 626's?

I need to change mine cause I accidently damaged it when trying to take the crankshaft pulley out...and its bent and some tiny sharp scratches so dont wanna risk using it incase it would damage the belt, well long term it would, with the fact that the wheel is also damaged and bent a bit...

I was gonna go to the Self Serve Auto Dismantlers in Adelaide (U-PULL-IT) to open up one from a 626 so thought I should confirm it with you guys first...

If they are the same then there I go, but if not I gotta be looking for one in here I suppose, or some second hand at the wreckers...Ta!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
doesnt anyone know anything about it?....lool.....someone has to know.......comon you are all genuis's in our rides....haha

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. I was thinking maybe the 84 model 2.0l would also feet but it probably wont. ta!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks mate. its great knowing you....you've been so helpfull. thanks matey........

well how much are they worth in here anyways"

I might want to buy one from here than the wreckers so money goes to one of you guys than the ripping off wreckers....

but if anyone has got one in very good scratchless condition then I need to have it expressed mailed to me tomorrow (Wednesday) so that I get it on thursday, and ofcourse I will pay first directly into the sellers account at the branch so it will show up as I pay....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i would sell you one... but i am a lil far away...

just as a referance... i paid $5 USD for a cam gear here in the states... so it shouldnt be all that expencive

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lool...thats too far...I just bought one today for AUD $45, thanks anyways. Its so kind of you to respond.

I wish USA wasnt so far cause things are cheap there, but the bloody postage prices is too high...Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts