Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RACE STORIES--Please, no ricers in here. I want to believe every story I hear. There is a website you can go to, where there is SO MUCH BS story-writing going on, I don't even waste my time reading them anymore. Lets not do that people.

YZF-R1--you only have an LX MX6, right? No offense to any LX owners, but my sister has an LX, I have a GT, and there is no comparison. My GT is WAY faster--that is probably what you know YZF. Now, I just want to say YZF, you seem to get in a lot of arguments with a lot of MX6ers. You seem to have no appreciation for an MX6, so why are you here? I've got to give you props on the Motorcycle also--which is another thing--that bike is so fast (if it is a 600CC or larger), everything has to seem slow to you--I know-I used to have a crotch rocket.

As Far as a Stock MX6 GT, or LS, I just don't see us hanging with an F-body (93 & up) with the 350, unless it is having some serious problems, or one crappy driver. I will say that we could hang and/or beat the 6 cylinders. HOWEVER, I'm not a member of MX6.com to talk about F-bodies. Look at the specs people, they can and will whoop us (stock vs stock). I do believe, however, a heavily modded 6 could beat an F.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a lot of arguements with mx6ers cause i cant let people tear down unbelivable cars to make their lame cars look good. When someone says they beat a car that there is no way in hell they can even think about beating, i have to step in and say, "hey, no you didnt." And sinse there is SOOOOO MUCH OF THAT B.S. on this board i have to step in quite often.

Everyone says "dude why dont you just leave the board." WHY!? SO YOU GUYS CAN SPEW UP THE B.S. WITHOUT HAVING ANYONE CALL YOU ON IT?! No way, im not going to let you guys ruin the reputation of some of the best vehicles on earth just so you can feel good about your car for a few more days.

The b.s. NEEDS TO STOP! You guys say time and time again that you are not ricers, but only and i mean ONLY ricers sit around on message boards making up some of the mose OUTRAGOUS CRAP EVER HEARD. Dont pull a ricer on us, and spare us the non sense. Keep the stories about preludes and what not.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Maybe a Kill section for LX should be set up seperate from GT. This way we turbo drivers do not have to weed through all the 115HP stories and can get to some serious torque butt kicking stories.

I love the MX6. I think it is a really great looking car. However the LX has as much in common with the GT as my Mom's apple pie does with my Dad's venison stew.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Rbodeman said:
Maybe a Kill section for LX should be set up seperate from GT. This way we turbo drivers do not have to weed through all the 115HP stories and can get to some serious torque butt kicking stories.

I love the MX6. I think it is a really great looking car. However the LX has as much in common with the GT as my Mom's apple pie does with my Dad's venison stew.
Whoa, now hold on there. Most of these stories are coming from 2nd Gen people and GTers to begin with.

As for the LX and DX being completely different from a GT, that is a pretty bad statement. Other than being turbocharged and having different steering technology there isn't a whole hell of a lot of a differnce.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe there shouldn't be a kill section at all...whatever.

I do agree with YZF, some of the stories sound unbelievable, but not all of them. Please, PLEASE! No RICERS on this board.

Suggestion: If you do think you're dealing with a ricer, call HIM on it, not the whole board and MX6s. That sounds fair, right?

And no reason to get violent, cursing and all-right?

Peace

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
C'mon

How many times must I post something like this,
C'mon YZF. I think two things are apparent on this website. One you have called already, and that is the level of BS on some (not all) of the kill sotries. No way are our cars gonna hang with a Z28 unless it's a KLZE s/c'ed (if that's even possible...I don't know).
Also, the level of maturity on this website is low. That's right...LOW!!! Especially someone like you YZF. You get so huffy-puffy about things that in all honestly don't really matter. Your acting like a jackass trying to belittle everyone makes you look just as insecure as they are. Your acting like a 16 yr. old kid; if your 16 then you have an excuse and if your not then just chill.
I am an adult so if you are an adult...high school was a long time ago...leave that mentality behind...PLEASE!!! Kids that age look for acceptance. I had to beg and plea with others on this website to just tone it down a bit before they actually did. So lastly if your gonna call someone on a story be nice about it...don't act like a 3rd grader and say "liar, liar, pants on fire," and throw a hissy fit. Enjoy the website; don't loath it...that is not the purpose of it.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
YZF-R1 said:
I think the moderators should weed through and get rid of the b.s. Id do it but then THERE WOULDNT BE ANYTHING ON THE BOARD!
I have no intention of editing members posts in the Kill Stories forum. This club is for MX6 owners to share information, opinions and stories. The Kill Story section is NOT an information source and as such should NOT be edited or moderated for accuracy or truthfulness. They are STORIES for pete's sake!
The only thing we edit or delete are vulgar or rude posts and innacuracies in our technical forums. Your posts have been none of those so you are welcome to continue to call people's bluff if you like. But please be considerate of what this board is and what it isnt. This is a MX6 owners group. We welcome other car owners becasue your opinions (while sometimes contrary) are extremely informative and helpful. But we aren't about to start editing or deleting people's stories who exaggerate or lie.

And if you think there is nothing on this board besides BS then you are more than welcome to leave at any time.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well said aggie, I was trying to be nice about it. I do think SOME people on this website (not JUST YZF), do get pretty uptight!

I am 25 (just got my insurance break--FINALLY!), and I try not to sweat the small stuff. I don't have the time or energy to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts