Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there was much of a difference in the NA and turbo cams, cuz i figured that the NA cam might be a bit milder cam than that, that is used in the turbo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks flyswat, i really wasnt sure, is there any where that sells aftermarket cams and adj. cam gears?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Also, if you get in touch with AdamTurbo, he sells adjustable cam gears, I think he will need yours back as a core.

G

·
I have two cam gears and a cam for sale if you can't afford to have your engine down while you have your cam reground/ cam gear modified.

$15 for cam $10 for cam gear.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
SixSick6 said:
you can have crower regrind your stock cam for $80, won't do you much good being an N/A though
Why would it not do "much good"? I would have thought NA would respond better.

Edit: are you certain 626_2NR is NA?

·
Registered
737 Posts
SleepCounter said:
Edit: are you certain 626_2NR is NA?
Especially since I see:

626_2NR

Car: 90/626 GT

He was asking about an n/a cam but he has a GT. I guess someone must of missed that.

·
Registered
854 Posts
SixSick6 said:
you can have crower regrind your stock cam for $80, won't do you much good being an N/A though
yeah actually it would. Its an N/A-beneficial regrind anyway. more overlap, more lift. Turbo cars really need an ECU reprogram to make the most out of that crower regrind. Have spec sheet, have seen the ECU reprogramming first hand(jay b).

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
FlySwat said:
Sleepcounter has started an excellent series on Cams over at Holland Motorsports. I suggest everyone go and read it.

http://forum.hollandmotorsports.com/viewtopic.php?t=70
Thanks for the plug, 'Swat. I was just killing time on the technical aspects of volumetric efficiency as it pertains to cam timing and design while waiting for the "shiny" area to get set up. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts