Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if a cam from paeco would make my non-turbo pull longer to redline. it only pulls to around 4.5 grand now stronly. just wondering what the benefits and drawbacks of these camshafts are. thanks GREG

·
Registered
261 Posts
People have said our cams are good till 6300 rpm and that claim doesnt seem too far off. IF you have the stock turbo, then I would have to say thats the problem. It provides good pressure, but it doesnt flow much air AT ALL!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i wonder if i swapped the turbo cam into my car if it would be worse or better any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The turbo cam is the same as the nonturbo cam. Paeco can give you a more aggresive grind, but it may be easier just to have the cam timing advanced. That should give you more high end power (but less low end poewr) without affecting your idle and emmissions.

·
Registered
449 Posts
if you can get a 'hotter' (overlap) cam go for it. The engine will idle more rough (depending on how 'hot' the cam is), but high-end perf will increase a fair bit.

Even if you advanced the cam, you won't get a whole lot of overlap. Turbo cars don't need overlap because they have high density air charges unlike the n/as. Overlaps allows the engine to 'scanvenge' for more air, through the exhaust valve and/or the secondary intake.

Your idle gets rough because some of the air/fuel mixture will escape through the exhaust valve during idle. low-end will also decrease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts