Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to school today, and i backed up into a parking space. a staff member was walking outside my 6 and said it sounded like to him that "their is something wrong, i think you might have a dry gear. you should have that checked out". what the good hell is he talking about. tranny fluid? should i be worried? thx.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Maybe he's referring to a sound the car is making that makes him think something is running without lubrication. The biggest culprits for this type of noise are accessory drives, idler pulleys and tensioners who's bearings aren't force fed and thus have comparatively limited lifetimes.

As you drive along, do you hear any strange noise (e.g high pitched) coming from your car bouncing off the curb? Can you compare the underhood din of your MX6 to another '6 to see if there's a sound you're simply used to but which shouldn't be there?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn!!

grrr...there is one other 6 in my town. if i come across him somewhere, ill ask him if he'll do this for me. sometimes i can hear a squeeking noise when i have the window down, but i think that's just my brakes. my car produces a noise like the sound of a jet taking off. i just see it as normal. thx mike. ill get back to ya on this.

also, when i first start to drive, say in 1st gear or reverse, i hear a moaning kinda noise that lasts for only a second, and only when i first start to give the car gas to go. it's wierd.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
488 Posts
Re: damn!!

SolarSlash said:

also, when i first start to drive, say in 1st gear or reverse, i hear a moaning kinda noise that lasts for only a second, and only when i first start to give the car gas to go. it's wierd.

SolarSlash
The moaning is you ABS adjusting itself. Mines done it from day one. Scares the hell out of you if you aren't used to it.:)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i feel better...

that groaning scared me. maybe the noise he heard was my turning. because it makes a creeking noise like a door opening. is this the cv boot problem? thx.

SolarSlash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts