Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW WAIT! Before anyone says, EH! Its not going to work, let me say this: Im using a 96' Millenia ECU and MAF on my car. NOT the KLDE ECU and VAF. I'm trying to figure out if the MAF goes to a pre-set reading at wide open throttle like the VAF. I was told it doesn't. ME and another member are kind of wanting to see if this will work. I have in my hand a print out of what the pins go to on the ECU. Here is a diagram i found and i was wondering if someone could easily tell me which wire i should tap into from the S-AFC to the ECU?

·
Registered
655 Posts
hey are you trying to fool the ECU in thinking that it has a VAF when in fact you have a MAF in hopes of getting the same signals as the VAF so the engine will run property, right? I believe we discussed this topic in another thread, glad to see you working on it, but don't mind me asking what is a Apexi S-AFC? A way to control signal output easier?

·
Underconstruction
1,050 Posts
1. power supply (3A?)
2. the engine rpm signal wire (1AJ)
3. the throttle signal wire (I'm assuming that this is the throttle position sensor, which is: 3B) (Or would it be 2H??)
4. the ground wire (2T)
5. the knocking signal wire (No clue where this one is)
6. air flow signal wire (3E)

suppose to be link to ecu pins, couldnt check because my job blocks addy
1996 2.5 ECU.zip

this guy tried it on a millenia
go here ECU PINOUT NEEDED PLS!! - Mazda Forum - Mazda World.org

·
Registered
978 Posts
what ever became of this? i hate when people dont follow up >_<.

I researched and talked to a guy who did a lot of groundwork on the modern Millenia MAF swap for our cars. The millennia MAF is 0-12v. S-AFC 1, 2, and neo run on 0-5v signal. So they will not work on the millennia MAF swap.

Our VAF is 0-5v so the S-AFC will work on it. But it will not work at wot, where the ecu goes into open loop mode and ignores all sensor inputs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts