Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just kinda curious if I can beat the following cars:

1996 Mustang w/ 3.8 liter V-6 and ATX (All stock)
1999 Ford Contour Sport w/ 2.5 liter V-6 and ATX (All stock)

I'm pretty sure that I could, but its been awhile since I've researched or read anything about these 2 models. If memory serves, I think the 96 stangs only had like 160-165 hp and maybe had a 0-60 time in the low 8's. Does this sound about right?

Then there is the Contour which has essentially the same engine as us, only with 170hp. I've never looked up 0-60 times on it, but I was thinking that since the 6's are lighter and since I've got an MTX, that I'd be able to win.

Only reason I ask is cause my older brother has the Contour and one of my younger brothers has the Mustang. We were maybe gonna race sometime next week, and I just wanted to make sure that I'd be able to win.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
yes you should win... and just race. It's not like it's the end of the world if you lose.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No kidding...... racing is not an exact science... on the streets I have killed a few cars that I should not spec by spec have been able to beat......... Just go out there, have fun with it... and dont do anything too stupid..... or get caught cuz thats real bad too.

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
Forget numbers and go race them!! you CAN and WILL beat those v6 mustangs.. also those contours. You'll never know for YOURSELF unless you go out and do it

·
Registered
299 Posts
You'd kill both of them with good tires and if you know how to shift your 5 spd. And no, the contour's engine is MUCH different from ours, it is a ford, and ours is Mazda... Ours is a KL series engine designed in Japan, theirs is not. Just so you know.. and just to widen that gap between us and drivin a ford a little bit more..... hehe.

Mike

·
Registered
352 Posts
As long as you can drive you shouldn't have any problem against a v-6 mustang or the contour. Especially if they are both ATX's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts