Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me? I want a full K&N system, (tube and filter). But some guys said it wasn't available, (which I don't believe). They said that that "air sensor plug" makes it too hard to do. Can someone with some knowledge on this give me a hand with this please.
Thanx
Jessica

G

·
yes you can...

hey jess you are in luck. K+N make a kit called the filtercharger injection performance kit or fipk for short. These kits usually seel from 120 to like 150. They say they add up to 23 hp for the mx6. you might want to go with a different brand other than k$n as they seem to be cheaper. i will try to find a web site that you can order one from. i now that there are 2 for for sale on ebay. just type "probe fipk". the bidding is at $105. so good luck i hope i helped...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Jessica said:
Can someone help me? I want a full K&N system, (tube and filter). But some guys said it wasn't available, (which I don't believe). They said that that "air sensor plug" makes it too hard to do. Can someone with some knowledge on this give me a hand with this please.
Thanx
Jessica
Jessica,

I'd recommend another route. Instead of the overpriced and questionable functionality of the K&N filtercharger kit (which will have the engine inhaling hot underhood air...), consider instead a CAI - cold air intake.

Do a search on "CAI" to see what's available. You can get creative and make a CAI yourself with bits and pieces you buy at Home Depot or you can buy a ready-made CAI pipe from Hotshot or PRM.

For the Hotshot or homemade CAI, one filter you can use is a K&N cone filter, part number RE-0930. The PRM CAI comes with a filter already. Consider the PRM if you live in areas where heavy rains and deep puddles are often occurences; you really don't want your engine to inhale water.

As for the power gains, expect maybe 5HP from a typical HS CAI installation on a V6. K&N may claim 23HP but there's no way, no possible way, just putting the FIPK will generate those numbers. If they claim that, someone should sue them for false advertising in the absence of independent 3rd party testing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts