Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I changed the overall size of my tire wheel set could I adjust the computer to still give me the right MPH and overall miles? Also how would I go about pushing the wheels further out> Is there a spacer or something I can use to move them out by a couple inches? Any ideas would be appreciated...

G

·
I don't know if you can reprogram your computer or not, but say you have stock 195 65 14 in tires and want to go to a 17 inch combo, a 35 series tire would be the same height, so your speedo would still be right. I read that in a Sport Compact magazine, but I don't remember what month it was, they were talking about a Neon, but I still think it would be the same thing.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks , but

Thank you for the post, however, instead of going with the same outside diameter I would like to make it larger (to fill that gaping hole in the wheel well) I don't know if it is possible, but I'd like to try it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Speedo adjustment...

I am not sure, but I think the adjustment should be done by having the speedo recalibrated, not reprogamming. Either that or you can use a tire size calculator on the internet to figure out how your stock and planned tire size will affect your speedo. That would be the mental approach, It says 60, but I'm really doing 68 for example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.