Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing an fe3t conversion.. i would like to know what guys with the high horsepower fe3 turbo's (e.g 400hp) use for there transmission/gearbox etc. I guess i'm jus hoping that they use the F2 turbo gearbox jus with the upgraded clutch.

Some input would be great!

Cheers,
rob

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I am not speaking from experience, but as no one has responded yet, I can tell you what I have gathered from reading threads on this site.

Most people running Fe DOHC, and FE DOHC turbos (FE3s and FE3Ts) are either using the e/j spec trannies , as they live in Europe, or they are using the f2t's tranny. If you do go with the f2 tranny, make sure to go with the GT as the DX/LX trannies are no better than glass at that high output. I would PM one of the guys with that setup (dutch626, FE3T, RedneckMX6, etc.) to get better, first hand answers... but I hope I helped a bit.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ive read on this site not too long ago, that someone finnaly found the limits of the F2T tranny, he stated that the F2T tranny is good for up to 400hp, the FE3 as far as I know uses the same tranny as the F2, so the GT tranny should work fine on a Fe dohc (custom turbo), not to mention that it should bolt up fairly easy with little modfications.

Methman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts