Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing an fe3t conversion.. i would like to know what guys with the high horsepower fe3 turbo's (e.g 400hp) use for there transmission/gearbox etc. I guess i'm jus hoping that they use the F2 turbo gearbox jus with the upgraded clutch.

Some input would be great!

Cheers,
rob

[email protected]

or pm

G

·
If [insert moderator's name here] see's this post, he will tell you that all mazda units suck and that you need a titanium made custom 13 speed tranny made by NASA.

But if you want reality, FallGuy has been running 11.23's on his 400~ish hp probe with stock tranny that has 160 thousand miles on it.

I consider him lucky, He runs slicks, and I don't know how many CV's he's gone through, but the tranny has held so far.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
FlySwat said:
If [insert moderator's name here] see's this post, he will tell you that all mazda units suck and that you need a titanium made custom 13 speed tranny made by NASA.

But if you want reality, FallGuy has been running 11.23's on his 400~ish hp probe with stock tranny that has 160 thousand miles on it.

I consider him lucky, He runs slicks, and I don't know how many CV's he's gone through, but the tranny has held so far.
Yep. Amen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!! thats a little relieving that the stock tranny is fine.. I've had no problems with my tranny in 4.5 years of owning my tx5..hope that luck sticks around..

Crikey has fallguy really done a 11.23 quarter.. any video's????

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts