Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into buying headers. Could you please tell me where to look and what kind are really good. I was looking into Pacesetter Ceramic ones because I have heard that have a lot of hp gain. I would also like to know how much they cost to be put on and I need a new Y-pipe is this going to replace it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to be able to get them powder coated but there is no one around here that does it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
headers

i have recently purchased brospeed headers for my 4 cyl. mx6. i have not installed them but from looking at them they are very good quality and they are really reasonablly priced. also i would not recomend the pacesetter headers. they may be cheap but i have heard nothing but bad things about them from personal people who had them to performance shops. its not just that they are not very good qaulity but they also do not reach up to the hipe. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ahhhh the all mighty header debate....

Run a search on headers and I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff.

Pacesetter headers are good as far as HP gains. However the quality or craftmanship and quality of material is what drives people away (including myself). First of all the craftmanship. Pacesetter headers are known to break or crack at the joints due to improper welding and assembly. And, as everyone else knows, they rust rust rust.....

So if you're looking to replace you rheaders every couple of years, I would definitely go for Pacesetters.

Me, i'm going for Hotshot Ceramic Coated headers when they get built in April. Already have some money down on a set because they go as fast as a chicken in Ethiopia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts