Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a pic of inside the truck lid. Particularly the key cylinder. I found what appears to be the connector for the factory alarm dangling in the truck lid and cannot for the life of me see where its supposed to connect.

·
Registered
959 Posts
just checked mine, and i dont have any wires going to the latch/lock cylinder at all

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I dont even need a pic, just someone to verify where the two wire connector for the truck switch. The wires are lg/r and black.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks... Mine looks nothing like that. I wonder why mine is different?

Even the wires going to your lock cylinder are different colors.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is an 89 gt. I have the original key and it fits all the locks including my trunk lock. I just dont see a connector on the truck lock cylinder. The connector dangling is oem.

How about this... I will snap pics of my lock cylinder and loose connector.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok... Thanks. The white part in the lock cylinder with the wires is not on mine. I guess someone broke it off or something.

Thanks.

It wont let me give you karma but thanks again.

·
Registered
819 Posts
What's interesting is that cars I've plenty of cars without the factory alarm that still have that connection; well at least I thought it was interesting.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
cost savings! why build 8 different harnesses for different options when you can make one harness to have all options. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts