Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just wondering if it is possible to get 18s on a first gen easily and witrhout rolling guards and as such any info would be awesome.

Robbo :p

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
i'd say the largest would be 17x7 all round. i don't think 8's would fit on the rear from the strut, and same with height... also i think maybe 2ws and 4ws will make a difference...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
if u have 4WS, i wouldnt be going over 17"(especially if ur car is lowered also) cause it would continually hit while u do a full lock.
certainly for my stock 15" wheels with wider tyres when i did a full lock or reversed, the front wheels would rub and the rear wheels would make a clicking noise...

however if ur car is not lowered, i would say 18" SHOULD be ok AS LONG as u get very thin tyres

hope this helps mate :)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
17X7.5's yes maximum lowering would leave about 20mm between tyre and gaurd.
18X7.5 is also possible with lipping of the outside front gaurd and possibly rolling. Rear would have to be rolled and lipped up and out to fit 18's.

18's would have to be custom ordered to get the right stud pattern with off-set. Most 18'son the market and 19's will fit RWD Jap cars with Off-set of RWD cars.
Anytinhg ove 17's you need to push out more which means the gaurd has to be lipped and pushed out. Also camber kit's to increase the camber. 19's wil fit on 2WS 19X8 will fit and have not problem as long as car is stock. I had 19's for a very short time on the wagon, they were 200SX RWD fit but didnt rub but due to height of the car under compression they cleared front and touched rear. But with slighty smaller tyres in width they were shaped just right.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ive seen a few with 18;s so yes it is possible, if you need proof call hot4s magazine and ask for the issue with the Red mx6 turbo with 18s

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've got 18's on mine.

They are 18x7.5 with 225/35/18 rubber.

I'm lowered on Kings Super Lows.

Rear has been lipped. Front clearance is fine, absolutely no problems. If you have 2WS your rear is fine aswell.

But with 4WS Superlows is too low, I have my 4WS disabled at the moment to prevent scrubbing. A raise of 0.5-1 inch will fix that problem though.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts