Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if you could turbo the 93-97 mx6s because I was looking at the 4 cyls and I wanted to know if I could so that I would know whether or not to get the 6 cyl or the 4 cyl. There is a $1500 4 cyl 5-speed mx6 in my area in RI and i was thinking about getting it if there are turbos available for them. Please tell me if you can turbo them because I need to know soon. I want to get the car before it snows again. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard
to answer shortly, yes, they can be boosted and people here have turbocharges 4 bangers
I have read that they really don't make much more than 200 whp... I could be wrong..
The V6's have put out lots of power compared to the I4's ; I have seen dynos anywhere from 230 whp - 400 whp
Best to you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much hp do you think you could get with just the turbo, seeing as it is around 115 stock? I would put on a CAI, catback exhaust, and some headers. Then I would be trying to turbo it. And how much do the turbos go for if you have any idea? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
If you are talking about the I4, like I said, probably up to 200 wheel horse power.
I4's don't use headers, they use a (one) header...
Turbo kits may be 2k or so, but I never looked into one for an i4, so I don't know if anyone makes them or they are all custom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I will probably go with the LS but I haven't seen any ones that are close. I looked at 2 before and they were pretty nice but they had been in accidents which kinda messed them up. If anyone in or around the area of RI has one theyd want to sell I'll check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts