Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 17-year old male car owner living in canada's capital so insurance is almost a bigger obstacle now than the car itself. What companies do you find to have the best rates for our little mazdas? Could you post the company you go with and the quote they gave you? Or at least a ballpark quote if you don't want to share personal info.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
back in the day when i was 17-19 i was with the personal insurance company (through corporate affiliation...its called certas for the general public)....and i paid 180 a month

now its down to about 95 bucks a month

but i have a clean driving record

·
Registered
167 Posts
The company I got the cheapest quote from, and which has continued to be super cheap for me for like 6 years is Belair Direct. You can get a quote from them online.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
might have been a good idea to ask this in the CANADIAN SECTION possibly ??

might just get a few more replies...

Edit: .. thank you 2nd gen fellow mod :tup:

·
Registered
730 Posts
1990 MX-6 LX. Just renewed my policy and its $935 for the year through ICPEI. I'm 24 and have a clean record (at least its clean as far as they look back, heh).

·
Registered
213 Posts
man... i must have been doing something right...

97 LS - KLZE
Full "Platinum" coverage (enhanced/accident forgivness/free rental car/insured in ever car i ever get in... etc... etc... )
I've had 2 recorded accidents (both more that 5 yrs tho)
i've got 1 Speeding ticket on record (2.5 yrs ago)
1 Liscence suspension (failure to pay ticket) 1.5 years ago)
I drive about 80kms a day to and from work...

$72.83 a month.

Unifund Assurance - St. Johns NFL
(i'm insured in ON)

God bless the Newfies

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
You're 17, get used to it. My insurance was $1800 a year for a car that was worth $1k at best (being my old '89 PGT at the time) and that was absolute basic insurance. Complete full coverage would of been $2600/year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
yep... graham is right... back when i first looked into it... it was up around $3200 a year... but look around... i recommend an insurance broker... they might have access to companies that you wouldn't think about...
good luck bud... we all know what it was like

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
The best insurance with out a doubt is Pilot which is now owned by Aviva. But what are you going for, best insurance company or best price.. Pilots not the cheapest out there but they will always take care of you no matter what.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Wow 260 that's hurting even when i was that age i was still paying less with 2 speeding tickets WITCH the dumba$$ me i didn't fight!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
crazy, on my mx6, i only had liability and comp, was 115/month. I've been with the same insurance company since i started driving. at the moment i'm rated a 6 star.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Wow 260 that's hurting even when i was that age i was still paying less with 2 speeding tickets WITCH the dumba$$ me i didn't fight!
I can only dream of mine being that low until I switch companies AGAIN and i've got a clean record with drivers ed, just liability and comp

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I'm with Dominion and pay $1200/year, full coverage with the Mazda insured for full $10,000 appraisal value and for my 2003 Civic SiR, full coverage.

I'm happy, but sadly, that's not in my name. Long confusing story.

Last quote I got was for $187/month through State Farm for my SiR. Keep in mind the car though (R doesn't stand for radical lol). Think the Mazda was $75 or something though.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I WARN EVERYONE NEVER EVER DEAL WITH DOMINION OF CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the caps barely put into perspective what I am going through with them right now

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I had no issues with Dominion when someone backed into my Integra and forced a claim. Sorry to hear your having bad luck with them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I havn't had to make any claims its just that they are so slow with paperwork.. I put my request in to have my car taken off the road december 28th effective jan. 1st which is well within the required 2 weeks to catch the payment and they didn't even get to it yet so because I didn't have the money in my account they have already hit me with $40 NSF fees and apparently they need another 30 which is complete bull plus they doubled my payment for this month... how does that make ANY sense... my mom is an insurance broker and she has stepped in to deal with them for me but still I had to borrow more money to cover the insurance costs for my car when I havn't even driven it since dec.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^That I'd never heard of, but I deal with them through a broker, so maybe that's the difference.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts