Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

cant find performance mods help!!!!!!!

271 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  gtcarc 
G
#1 ·
i have a 96 mx-6 with the 4banger. im looking for some performance parts but i have no idea where to look. i have looked at every aftermarket parts search on google and couldnt find anything but power window motors, and AC units. i need a header, exhaust, intake, cams if they make them, supercharger if possible?, or turbo conversion, body kit( other than buddy club), aftermarket headlights, tail lights if they make them, and. does anybody know if you can innerchage the engines from the 4 bange to the 6 right across? what kind of mods do i have to do.
i know im asking alot but i cant find crap other than the occasional stuff on ebay. if you could help it would be appreciated. all my friends have cavaliers and they laugh at my purple mazda and think they are pretty hot ****. so spanking them on the track is in the best interest. mx }) }) }) }) }) })

#3 ·
If you want to embarass your friends with the cavaliers.... racing them stock with your car will do all it needs to.
Weak and elitist comments will get purplepassion owned hardcore. 118hp vs a J-body is not a given win. When the new 2.2 ecotecs are putting down 140hp and older Z24's have 150hp. Passions only hope would be if he had a mtx, and knew how to drive while his friends did not. As for your questions, no a v6 swap is not easy. In fact its much cheaper to buy a v6 in the first place. However the I4 is stout and can be swapped with the Jspec Fe3, which makes around 160hp and responds very well to boost. Corksport is a good place to check for alot of the other stuff. Until you get something, dont expect to beat Jbods very easily, or at all.

#4 ·
Go and read my big ass FAQ for the 4 cylinders in the performance section since it seems you didn't bother to look at that section.

And the FS can be made into a decent little machine. A turbo kit is alot easier to install than any LS.

And no you can't put an FE3 in a 2nd gen. Maybe you though it was a 1st gen. The FSZE is a possibility but I have only known of 2 confirmed FS-ZE in the US in the last 5 years so your chances of getting one to run is slim to none.

But cams, I/E/H a good clutch, some good wheels and tires will hold it's own against any sport compact cars out there.

#6 ·
silentfurymm said:
Crap, I screwed up. The world of Mazda Fours gets me so freakin confused.
HAHA, yeah dude.

Your telling me, only reason I remember so much is cause I have owned most of the variants now. Let see so far I've had the privelega (or curse) to work on:

KLDE
FS03
F2T
F2 (??? I don't remmeber what my 2.2 L I4 in the 89 6262 was)

So that's why i remember all of the damn engine variations. Hell I haven't thrown all the BP crap in there either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.