Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The advice you got on PT is pretty much spot on and all that you can do. I find every time I have to install a transmission is never goes and right when I'm going to throw in the towel I give it one last twist and it slides right on.

the input shaft has to be perfectly aligned for it to slide on. I find starting 1-2 bolts, or stick dowels in the holes, and then shaking the tranny back and forth is the best method. If it doesn't engage, crank the motor a little bit and try again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The advice you got on PT is pretty much spot on and all that you can do. I find every time I have to install a transmission is never goes and right when I'm going to throw in the towel I give it one last twist and it slides right on.

the input shaft has to be perfectly aligned for it to slide on. I find starting 1-2 bolts, or stick dowels in the holes, and then shaking the tranny back and forth is the best method. If it doesn't engage, crank the motor a little bit and try again.
But what would happen if i started most of the bolts and started cranking down because i can get alot started

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
You'll shatter the pump. And if you run it you'll prettymuch destroy the trans.

Just be patient and do it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts