Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can't sleep, so I decided that once I get my car all done up this spring *mods for spring are listed at bottom of post* I shall be doing a cross country tour, and you bet I'll be setting up car meets in every province, except for NFLD, NS, PEI, NB, and Quebec... I'll start by driving straight to Ottawa, crash for the night, then have a car meet that afternoon, then go to thunder bay, winnipeg, regina, calgary, kamloops, vancouver.

Then on the way back, Edmonton, saskatoon, somewhere in Manitoba, somewhere in western ontario, Toronto, then Home.

If I end up doing this huge canada tour, there better be participation in the meets, haha.

Mod list that will be done by mid summer:
KLZE - in progress
Body Kit - already bought, just waiting for install
Paint
Suspension
Rims
Interior
Carbon fiber hood
Exhaust

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I really want to drive out to BC just haven't made plans yet mainly because it is an expensive trip. My plan was to drive from Toronto to BC through Canada and then travel back to Toronto through the States (close to the border.)

edit: I'd want to dedicate 4-6weeks for the trip.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
MetalMatrix said:
I really want to drive out to BC just haven't made plans yet mainly because it is an expensive trip. My plan was to drive from Toronto to BC through Canada and then travel back to Toronto through the States (close to the border.)

edit: I'd want to dedicate 4-6weeks for the trip.
yeah i have been thinking about doing the same thing within the next few years. i also want to take the VIA rail trip from toronto to vancovers. it cost alot tho.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geee don't I feel so special, so many canadians want to visit the real maritimes, hahaha

I haven't figured how long i'm going to take off work, but I will be taking out a fair sized loan for this trip :E

Oh and This will more likely happen in the fall, Because I'll probably be quitting my job then :E (P.S. I'll be working in Alberta next Fall, Winter, and Spring :D)

Anyhow, I'm tired as [fizzle] i had to be at the gym at 7 this morning, and my gym buddy didn't even show up :damnmad: that bastard, :lol:

and now i gotta pick up a friend from the Ferry in a couple hours, so i'm gonna go get some rest and hope i don't wake up...

BTW I'm lovin the responses to this thread :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the weekend before canada there should be a huge drunkfest 'er i mean... a huge dragracing weekend here on pei, ppl from all over show up, and we tent beside the track... it's really fun, i can't for that weekend :E

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Walkertexas69 said:
Ottawa to Thunder Bay?... that's a long long day (about 1450 km).
shit i never saw he said that. holy crap your going to have fun that day or days. depending on the weater.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ill support.. not sure where ill be prob in ontario. youll love the drive. ive down the cross country hike a few times now in my 6. its one of the most free feelings in the world. i go back and forth between fort nelson, bc and toronto 2 times a year. its fun getting into random races as you drive through the night. quickest ive done it is 52 hours and its 5235kms!!! thats with my best friend and i shift driving the whole way and never turning the engine off for more time than it takes to fuel up. that was on the ze and she loved it.

your going to work in the oil patch im assuming by your northern alberta work plans. where exactly you heading? fort mac? if so ive been doing it here in northern bc and i can say youll love that too. killer money.

cheers

Jon

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dapper-D said:
ill support.. not sure where ill be prob in ontario. youll love the drive. ive down the cross country hike a few times now in my 6. its one of the most free feelings in the world. i go back and forth between fort nelson, bc and toronto 2 times a year. its fun getting into random races as you drive through the night. quickest ive done it is 52 hours and its 5235kms!!! thats with my best friend and i shift driving the whole way and never turning the engine off for more time than it takes to fuel up. that was on the ze and she loved it.

your going to work in the oil patch im assuming by your northern alberta work plans. where exactly you heading? fort mac? if so ive been doing it here in northern bc and i can say youll love that too. killer money.

cheers

Jon
I'll probably be in Grande Prairie, a mechanic for the big rigs (which is what i'm doing now)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts