Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I can't unseize the rear caliper. When this happens, I put the parking brake down, go to the back of the car, reach behind the tire and pull the hook where the parking cable is attached. That releases the caliper and problem is solved. Now this does not work. I can feel that the parking brake cable is loose. What can I do to get the caliper to release the disk? Need a temp fix.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
939 Posts
if there stock rear calipers.. you could always get some used ones to replace em... i got my used ones in good condition for 50$ can shipped... that fixed up my rear brake problem quickly and for a longer time.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had to tap mine with a hammer a few times. Just give it a few love taps and it should swing back and release the emergency brake. Once you get it moving easily it's important to keep spraying it with WD40 every so often to keep it rust free.
I'm so stupid! Thanks, that did it! :)
This is the 3rd caliper so far Ive replaced on the car. Same wheel too.
Hope your motor is OK. Damn, can't give you karma :(

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Glad I could help. Those rear calipers are a bitch. Make sure to keep some wd40 in your trunk and spray it whenever you wash the car or notice it sticking.

My motor is fine for now. We'll see what happens. It's not a daily but I don't want to have to take it apart within 10k of a rebuilt motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts