Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get CAR ALARM STICKERS w/o buying the actual alarm?

Want it as a deterrent.

Help,
-Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I HAVE 2 PRESTAGE ALARM STICKERS

I have 2 prestage alarm stickers if you want. Just make an offer and I will sell them to you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you have a 96 LS you already have an alarm. Besides the stickers probably won't deter anyone. Most car thieves check for an alarm by setting them off once before they try to steal anything. If you really want a sticker you can get them from just about any of the small stereo shops though. I wouldn't get one though, it seems like a waste of money to me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an ALARM in my 1996??? How do you know if my mx6 has an alarm - how does it work? I'm pretty sure I don't have one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm pretty sure all LS's came with a factory alarm standard. It should set when you lock and shut your doors. Then if the door opens without the key then it will sound the horn and flash the lights. There should be a light in your dash. If not try locking yourself in the car and sit for something like 30 sec. (I waited a minute to be sure.) Then unlock the door and get out it should set it off. To turn it off, put the key in the door or ignition and turn it. Let me know if this works. It should.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have the flashing light and i tried that and it didn't work --> MINE DOESN"T HAVE AN ALARM.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I wouldnt be investing in anything but an alarm if that is the case.

Imagine waking up to an empty parking space.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can anyone else give input? Don't they all have alarms? I'm pretty sure they do. Maybe someone took it out or maybe it just isn't working. I think it's on the driver's side; in the kicker panel. Try posting in the 2nd gen forum to see if anyone else can help. I'm sure they came with them though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Alarm isn't standard with LS

They don't all have alarms! Like I said in this other post in the 2nd gen forum, my '93 LS doesn't have an alarm - no light in the dash indicating an alarm, and nothing I do will set off the horn or blink any lights. It does however have all other factory options to my knowledge - leather, spoiler, abs, am/fm cassette, cd, ac, sunroof, alloys, fogs, power seats, pw, pb, ps, pm, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has an alarm it's 93, a factory one, and now an aftermarket one best investment so far for my car.
The best think I did for my car to stop it from being ruined by junkies was to do the same think as you did. To buy aftermarket sticker on eBay. There is quite a lot to choose from.

Man I am happy that break ins stoped. I quess that stickers deter recreational thiefs (junkies and drunks), and they are probably the most damaging while breaking in. I got my windows cracked the last time that happened. That was it for me! Waaaay to expensive to replace window beacuse some junky had a bad day.

:argue:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts