Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since putting on my magnaflow muffler i noticed the car sometimes bogs down for a second or so when i have the pedal to the floor. it only happens occasionally and lasts only a second then back to normal. i reset the ignition timing to 10 deg BTDC but still happens. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Could be bad o2 sensors, your fuel filter may be clogged, or you might have a bad spark plug wire/wires. Mine used to do this but then I changed the o2 sensors and it disappeared but it also may be a clogged fuel filter because when it bogs like that it's missing a part of the stroke, it didn't get enough fuel in one of the cylinders so it had either a weak explosion or none at all (no spark) which would cause it to studder and slow down for a split second.

Now I'm not saying that these are the only things to check for, it could be other things but I would start with the tune up items first, it never hurts to give it a tune up.

Anyway, good luck!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same here on the '93 V6. I'll have a tune-up done and I hope it will fix the problem!

Thank you for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts