Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
car died??? distributor??

ok this is what happen... i was driving on the highway then all of a sudden my car dies. the rpms just dove straight to 0. then when i was on the side of the road trying to restart it, it would churn, but it wouldnt start. after like 20-30 minutes i tried to start it again.. and it grabbed... so i drove like 5-7 miles.. then the same thing happen.. the rpms just dived and the car died... so about 30 minutes later someone gave me a jump, and after about 4 attempts it started up and i made it home (15-20 miles). i dont think its the battery or alternator... so do u think its the distributor?? or what else? Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Confusing. Why did you jump it? Is your battery weak?

It sounds like the disty. When the coil gets hot it kills and wont start until it cools a bit. If jumping it really helped then it should be a battery/alt problem. I'd guess the jump was pointless and you have the disty prob.

Go to local parts store to check battery and alt, and if they are good I would fix the disty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im not sure if the jump made a difference at all... because as i said.. i was stopped for like 20-30 minutes and then i tried again and it started... so that was probably the reason why it started the second time as well.. and just a coincidence that it happened while jumping it... because as the cables were connected i tried starting it several times and still nothing.. but then on like my 4th or 5th try it started... but i was kinda thinking its the disty as well..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts