Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help car died suddenly

My car died the other day in a Dairy Queen drive thru.After towing it home and checking a few things I have found there to be no spark from the distributor.After checking coil terminals A and C at the dist.,I found only 1.0 ohm from the coil.According to my shop manual the dist. needs to be replaced if coil resistance is not between 0.58 and 0.86 ohms.My car is a 93 V6- is this the famous distributor problem, it is the first time its happened and my car would not start again.

[Edited by SLINK on 05-04-2001 at 11:06 PM]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
sounds like it.. you guys and your V6s...

ask Mike 94PGT to be sure...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hello...

same thing happened to me - it was the ignitor which also means you need to replace the coil.
Hope it's not that though, cost me a bit..
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah bro, same thing happened to mine (93 LS, ATX) and Mazda charge me $475 for a new distributor, I hated to pay it but I just can't trust these local machanics around here and I'm not all that machanically inclined.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Distributor... Yeah...
Happened to me and only way was to get a new dist. Cost about 500 usd (I converted in my head but that should b pretty close) in Finland.
C ya
Mici

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys

it was definetly the dist.i got a new one from mazda for $475cdn+tax-a good deal and cheaper than all the parts stores(over $600) i phoned and ford who wanted $1300(holy @#$%)! the best thing was i could install it myself and it only ended up taking 1 hour.thanks for the confirmation guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts