Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

SO what is all your opinions on car fax's. At first when I started seeing members post up saying they have a car fax and if you want your car done send the vin.

I did this a couple times, checked out my cars and everything was good. I have also bought 2 cars that came with CLEAN car fax's, the guy printed them off in front of me. Both cars were looked at and BOTH cars were in obvious accidents, one that looked like must have been a good one.

SO I guess the trusted car fax is nothing but another easy way to get around to cheat people. What do you think? Will you trust em? I won't from here on out. If someone says they have the car fax with the car, i will say its just another piece of paper!

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
We bought my wife's car from a dealer, and they showed us the print out that the dealers do (might have been carfax or an equivalent). It showed no accidents, but when the front edge of the fender started rusting, I took a closer look and the fender had been repainted on the front edge, and was rusting where it mounts at the front chassis, and the headlight was missing the rubber dust boot on it, so that had been removed at one point too.

I wouldn't trust that the carfax tells you everything, but I would still get it to ensure you don't miss something that you could have found out be looking at the report.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i think car fax is a rip off and full of shit.

they only have accidents on file IF they are made aware of it and thats it.

other then that, if they are not made aware then its as if it didnt happen, and unless you know what your looking for you might never know your driving a pre accident car.

my first 6 was in a rear end accident, didnt know until i brought her to the college just before i graduated and we put her up to show me how the straightener worked and it was all fucked up and my frame was bent, we couldnt understand how she was still driving properly because of how bad she was.

RIP my first baby

feen

·
Registered
939 Posts
carfax can point out some obvious flaws in the car.

when i was looking at audi s4 .. this one looked good... test drove my mechanic checked it out ... seemed good

i carfaxed and saw that it had had salvage title... the guy had told me had been in a small accident but the pics he showed didnt seem to merit the salvage title to me..
i was wary on that ..

but the carfax showed rolled back odometer.... everytime u register ur license plate and stuff it goes there ... and since your telling them the odo reading it goes on carfax...

i didnt end up gettin that car cuz the carfax showed me a couple points that i would not have been able to tell from the pictures he showed me .

but ya only accidents reported through the insurance company get marked on there...
so i would get it but not take it as teh bible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts