Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon friends, I've recently just picked up a 93 ls for a fair price and alot of work done, I've noticed today that when I change the airflow over to defrost. Nothing has happened. It just keeps blowing out of my main vents. I live in canada and need this to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Welcome to the board! Great to hear you are joining the MX6 community (not so many of us left now).

Grab a flashlight, stick your head deep down into the driver's footwell, and look up and to the right. You should see a white plastic wheel, that should turn when you switch from floor or main vent to defrost (switch the ignition on, but don't start the engine, so you can hear it better).

It probably just needs lubricating, so try spraying some aeorosol grease/oil at that white plastic wheel. Or maybe something has become disconnected or jammed in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thank you very much, I'll take a look in the morning.. the only other thing I can think of would be a vacuum line with an issue. So if I dont see any issues inside ill start trying to follow those lines down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dnn't think this has anything to do with vacuum lines. All the heating system is, is hot water running, and the direction the blower blows the air.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Yep. Our Ford Probe sister car uses vacuum to control the vents (there's an extra vacuum line running from the engine into the firewall); but the MX6 has only electric controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts