Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new air filter, plugs, distributor, and fuel filter. Checked the vacuum lines. The car is fine if I accelerate, it’s when I cruise and or let off the gas that the car jerks. The car is a 93 MX-6 4 cly, manual. Any ideas? Is there some sensor that I should check or clean?
Forgot to add: No CEL lights and the problem occurs at any speed and rpm.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello
Any DTCs?
Have you also replaced distributor rotor, cap, spark plug wires?
Please post your reply!
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What’s DTCs?
I did replace the distributor rotor and cap. I didn’t the spark plug wires but they "look" good. I recently bought the car so im not sure how old they are but they look fairly new.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
143 Posts
DTC is a technical acronym for Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Sparkplug wires may look 'new' to the eye, however that doesn't justify thier working order.
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleaned the TB, replaced the injectors. It’s still doing it. The rmp's fluctuate up and down (1500-500) and sometimes the car even stalls. It’s the bogging when cruising that really getting to me. Also it gets horrible MPG, something like 25 on the highway. Shouldn’t it be high 30 for a 4 cylinder manual?

·
Registered
550 Posts
A bad tps would suggest the Bad idle, cheak that. Otherwise it has the makeings of a vacum leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts