Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey every1

i already have this posted but on the UK side
but since not many ppl really look there and i wanna get some more feedback i thought i'd post a link here for ppl 2 check it out

thanks

(hope this doesn't break any rules or sth!!)

enjoy and please comment

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146671

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Looks ok man, but bondo WON'T hold, it will crack and you will have to have it redone. O and if you didn't see mine, here it is....

I molded it with fiberglass, and then used bondo to get the little imperfections out. It's not perfect, but close, not bad for my first try :D

And I'm building a car ps myself, and doing GPS, MP3, ect.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
rasheedn said:
where's ur climate control stuff????
haha, not installed right now(not driving the car right now). but it will eather have the wires rerouted into the glovebox OR I may get the wires extended so I can run them into my center concel and modify that so when I open the top of it I can change them:muhaha: But no one copy:D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
sethbobbob said:
looks good, but dont freeze your ass off this winter
lol, like I said, its not being driven:D I wrecked it in march... and its still being worked on(doing all the work myself at school) and I have a good bit of stuff to do yet. I am taking my time becouse I should be getting my winter car any day now:p

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
i have a car PC, just baught a toshiba lap top.. perfect for programming MS in the drivers seat.

tv screens are overrated, since when are you so bored you need to watch tv while driving..

If your doing it for passengers, (they cant see it clearly from that position.) they sell hand held dvd players at walmart for pretty cheap:tup:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
KING6 said:
i have a car PC, just baught a toshiba lap top.. perfect for programming MS in the drivers seat.

tv screens are overrated, since when are you so bored you need to watch tv while driving..

If your doing it for passengers, (they cant see it clearly from that position.) they sell hand held dvd players at walmart for pretty cheap:tup:
Witch are exactly that, cheap. And what about GPS? and I have a few other tricks up my sleave. And your wrong, passangers can see it from taht point of view. Also, if you run a carpc with a touchscreen in the dash there, you can actully eliminate the deck and run all your music via mp3 or your cd drive for the pc. And if you do that you need to have the pc close for music selection.

Were talking about using the pc for completly different things. I'm not talking MS and engine management. I'm talking MP3's, Video games, movies, GPS, :cough: camera :cough::D and those sorta things. I'm not into the "Lets spend 3k to make our car run 3 sec. faster in the 1/4 mile" kinda thing. I have bolt ons and some stuff, but my car is being used for comfort and to have some different, and cool stuff. And please, no one take that wrong, I'm not making fun of the people who are moding there car for speed, but all speed can do for an 18 year old like me is get me in trouble8D

·
Registered
283 Posts
i think i read somewhere i think in maximum pc (cause im a complooter nerd) that sirius is coming out with satalite radio for the complooter :) as in for portable computers on the go... so maybe that could be a future add on

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wish i have ODBII !!

yeah MS is def def in the plan! for a month later or sth.

as for controling climate control!! NO WAY haha that will require a lot of circuits and stuff! and i dont think i can get it to work!!

i want the system for GPS (gonna drive from London around europe till Jerusalem ( Israel/palestine in the summer hehe my crazy plan after grad!! :) )
music
will add digital radio too!

thanks for the feedback

and if it cracks! i will bring on the fireglass!!
will update pictures today of the primer and of paint

later

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Were talking about using the pc for completly different things. I'm not talking MS and engine management. I'm talking MP3's, Video games, movies, GPS, :cough: camera :cough::D and those sorta things. I'm not into the "Lets spend 3k to make our car run 3 sec. faster in the 1/4 mile" kinda thing. I have bolt ons and some stuff, but my car is being used for comfort and to have some different, and cool stuff. And please, no one take that wrong, I'm not making fun of the people who are moding there car for speed, but all speed can do for an 18 year old like me is get me in trouble8D
That doesnt seem very practical or safe. Besides, just driving my 6 with the cd player is more then enough comfort for me,
When i was 19 i did the same crap your doing, Then i realized how stupid it was and sold it all for alot less then i got it for. That crap loses value very fast. I sold it to my bro who has a big extended cab lowrider dualy and honestly i didnt sell it to him for low because hes my bro, i sold it to him because hes the only person that would buy it. Its just a waist, Passengers have to be trying to look at it, so there not comfortable, and its distracting,

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
KING6 said:
That doesnt seem very practical or safe. Besides, just driving my 6 with the cd player is more then enough comfort for me,
When i was 19 i did the same crap your doing, Then i realized how stupid it was and sold it all for alot less then i got it for. That crap loses value very fast. I sold it to my bro who has a big extended cab lowrider dualy and honestly i didnt sell it to him for low because hes my bro, i sold it to him because hes the only person that would buy it. Its just a waist, Passengers have to be trying to look at it, so there not comfortable, and its distracting,
And how is sinking 2g's into a turbo kit to put on a car that already runs fine? and how is putting more boost on a motor that wasn't built for it safe? I'm not being an ass, just pointing out that moding a car at all can be considered "unpractical". And that is all a matter of opinion. You may have gotten tired of it, but that doesn't mean I will. And no, it is comfortable to have my passanger see it, beleave it or not. And I may put visor monitors, or I may put a 13" lcd touchscreen somewhere, but thats my secret:D

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well one way it's safer is that you won't have the screen to watch the up close pr0n shots of jenna jameson givin head...lol

speed kills yes...but watching TV and trying mess with your int4rAut0 cr4p00ter is more distracting and more dangerous while driving.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
well one way it's safer is that you won't have the screen to watch the up close pr0n shots of jenna jameson givin head...lol

speed kills yes...but watching TV and trying mess with your int4rAut0 cr4p00ter is more distracting and more dangerous while driving.
ok, well its no more distracting then playing a cd in a cd player. You make a play list of songs(like a cd but in a file on the computer) and then you just select it before you start driving and then let it play, and just reach over and touch the skip button(like on a cd player) and it changes the song. How is that more distracting then the cd dech?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it's not a set it and forget it system...lol

i mean, anyone can say that they will just make a playlist and then be done with it....but let's be honest....i know if i had a pc in my car, i'd be fuckin with it all the damn time...lol and i know most of you out there would as well....no what matter what you say :lol:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
it's not a set it and forget it system...lol

i mean, anyone can say that they will just make a playlist and then be done with it....but let's be honest....i know if i had a pc in my car, i'd be [fizzle]in with it all the damn time...lol and i know most of you out there would as well....no what matter what you say :lol:
yes, but not when driving. maybe at stop lights and such. but how would you be able to do anything but play music when your driving? you can't. Its just like having gps in the car, you stop and look at what you need, or you have someone with you that will do it. And I am going to have someone with me a lot anyways, so most likely they will do it now me anyway.

·
Registered
954 Posts
pc looks great ... just one thing though, what about the ambient temperature in the car ? i wanted one in mine but with the weather last summer here, i dont think the pc will run for very long

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
And how is sinking 2g's into a turbo kit to put on a car that already runs fine? and how is putting more boost on a motor that wasn't built for it safe? I'm not being an ass, just pointing out that moding a car at all can be considered "unpractical". And that is all a matter of opinion. You may have gotten tired of it, but that doesn't mean I will. And no, it is comfortable to have my passanger see it, beleave it or not. And I may put visor monitors, or I may put a 13" lcd touchscreen somewhere, but thats my secret:D
Im actually still contemplating it, i dont know if i want the hassle of a turbo kit, but at the same time i know it would be ALOT of fun. Im sorta leaning towards building pipes, selling them and taking the money and tax's this year, and getting my self in the direction of getting into college and getting a home.

Also if i were to finish this kit, im mostly doing it as a hobbie, not for racing or speeding. I was also thinking about doing Auto X.

And 2k invested in a turbo kit can easily resell for more then 2k. As in the electronics, there outdated in a few months and sell for half.

So there for, its a pretty safe deal. like i said, i had the screens and dvds and game system ect. Its very distacting, even when you convince your self its for passenger use only.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts