Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it usually mean when a car has a brand new battery, but has a hard time starting. My sister said she needs to try it like....6 or 7 times before it starts, but once its started, it stays running fine.

Not the battery, becuase its brand new, and its not the alternator, because it wouldnt stay running once the battery dies at all.

She didnt say if it wont start like it just doesnt want to turn over, or it turns over multiple times, but just wont start.

Any help is appreciated.

What would this be?

·
Registered
947 Posts
kc 93'ls said:
BAd starter?
My guess also, i know autozone or pepboys or whatever there is in the states will have a spray you can use that will help with cold starts, i know canadian tire has it here cause i see it today, you can try that... but i would check the starter out, it could be on its last crank

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Chrissmazdamx6 said:
She didnt say if it wont start like it just doesnt want to turn over, or it turns over multiple times, but just wont start.
But that is the key bit of information we need.

If it won't turn over (until you have tried it a few times) then I would first check and clean the battery terminals (because they can sometimes cause these symptoms, and are cheap and easy to clean), and if that doesn't work I would suspect the starter motor solenoid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.