Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come every time I work on my car, something else goes wrong with it? :shrug:

I put on a new exhaust and CAI...rotated tires...replaced front ABS sensor...lubed rear caliper e-brake assembly.

Took the car out for a spin...nice little throaty hum from new exhaust system...everything else cool...bout two hours later, I'm coming home from a gig..doing 60 and a straight road...little turn left ot right of the wheel and i feel this shuddering on the steering wheel...straighten the wheel-nothing...little turn again, shudder. Mind you, car drover perfect before. Maybe all the jacking up made something that was nearing the end of its lifespan "go"?

Could it be something like a ball joint on the control arm?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i had a similar problem with my PGT. turns out i had warped rotors and a frozen caliper. so when i turned, the brake pad moved a lil bit and made the car shake... weird huh?

·
Registered
211 Posts
since you just rotated your tires, you might have a bad tire. do a real good inspection of your front tires. jack up the car and spin the wheel, see if theres anything to be worried about. if thats not it, it could even be a strut starting to go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
id have to say its more likely something to do with the rotation of your tires, or a ball joint going bad, but if the ball joints are going, if you turn the wheel while going slow your going to hear almost a creeking noise, (sounds kind of like a hinge opening when its needs WD-40), if you dont have that, check the tires, doesnt seem like you did anything else so mess things up

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...or it could be I forgot to tighten the bolts on the front tire!!!
ugh... :damnmad:

thx anyway guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts