Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a weekly, closed door conference call today. My HR Manager and front desk assistant frantically knock on my door and push it open...."We need to speak with you outside"... motioning towards the front door. I tell everyone I need to bow out of the call and proceed out to the front lobby. They worriedly tell me, "Rich, someone backed into your car, they are freaking out, and need to leave but want to see you first.".

I think to myself......"Self.... maybe she totalled it... maybe I'll be able to write off the DX and buy another GT!.... YAY!" As I made my way to the parking lot, I see a Toyota Highlander.... "YES!.. an SUV!"....

Well, turns out the only damage to my car is MINIMAL. The screw that holds the rear bumper on, next to the rear wheel well, had popped out. My horrible oxidized red paint is scratchless. In fact, visually, there is NOTHING wrong. "DAMMIT".

Her Toyota Highlander has big grapefruit sized indentation on the rear bumper, probably can be popped out without any loss of paint.

Thats all... no new GT... only old DX for me.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I had one of these efforts at the local mcdonalds last week.

Bloke took his hands off the wheel trying to catch his food and crashed into my car instead.
Damage looks minimal

(excuse the bad picture, it was with a phone).

Damage is only really a new bumper and paint but naturally with ridiculous prices hes going to be a bit out of pocket to the tune of $1050Aus or US$750! Moral of the story is to not to hit mazdas I reckon, they are damn expensive for parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts