Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my 1995 Mazda Mx-6, the car will shake a little when going up hills, after a while of driving it will jump and shake and rattle, then it will sometimes act like its in nuetral and rev up while im driving if anyone knows what is or could be the problem please tell me cause ive took it to a mechanic and he said he could figure out what was wrong with it. Any help would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...ive took it to a mechanic and he said he could figure out what was wrong with it.
I'm going to assume that you meant that he could NOT figure out what was wrong with it? Is this a manual or automatic?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive just changed the spark plaugs and all fluids and its an automatic.
Do you have the plugs gapped right and did you make sure that the ignition wires are fully pushed onto the plugs? Did you put the plugs/wires back on in the right order? If you managed to mess any of the wires, this will throw off the spark order and could at times sound like your engins was chocking and/or getting ready to stall out. It might become more noticeable when you accellerate. I know these sound dumb, but I had a similar problem with my saturn, and it was mixed up wires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Problem

I had that problem when I first got my 6. I would stop at a light and it would start reving itself and when I would go to step on the gas the car would just start shaking violently and spit out black smoke from the exhaust but once it did that it would ride fine for a while till I stopped again......sometimes it would stall. I dunno if thats the same problem you have but when the mechanic fixed it for me, free of charge, he said the intake was clogged really bad or something like that......then again I know nothing about cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts