Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am having trouble with my mx-6, for some reason when I put it in gear and try to drive it looses power its like if it was running to rich but theres no black smoke coming out the tail pipe. Can Someone help me out?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi Fasttrax and welcome..

Please follow this link and see if you can obtain any codes... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy.bradbury/probemx/p_m19.htm ...

Is your car a Manual or auto box ? if auto check fluid level. Also in the meantime you could check your intake pipe from the airfilter to the inlet manifold for any cracks or possible places for air leaks. Obtaining the codes is going to help us all in the long run.

Oddy.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
did you make sure your VAF is plugged in all the way? you might also want to check your plugs and wires/disty cap as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you make sure your VAF is plugged in all the way? you might also want to check your plugs and wires/disty cap as well.

Well Im not really sure what a VAF is. honestly I don't really know that much about my car but this is why I joined because I really want to learn. Can you explain what a VAF is please.
Thanx

Jesse

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it's what measures the air flow into your engine. it is located downstream of the intake elbow that is connected to your throttle body.

look at the throttlebody, follow the tube towards the next junction. this is going to be your VAF...it resembles a large black coke can with an electrical connection to it. make sure the connection is tight, check for corrosion. it will have a white sticker with "KL" on it as well.

make sure it's turned the right way as well ;) the rounded conical fixture inside should be facing away from the TB ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts