Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all seen Mazda's Zoom Zoom Zoom commercials, and being Mazda owners we sort of have a likeing to it.

What Ive taken a fancy to is HSV's commercials the creativity and the in your face approach to selling their cars.

With the "Thunder Struck" demo of the HSV Ute, and their more recent commercial the HSV "Symphany" where the engine revs are sampled and used in a techno beat.

What do you guys think of these commercials, and do you guys have a favourite car commercial??

·
Registered
55 Posts
i love the RAV 4 ads.. especially the older ones with the camels head out the sunroof on the "Cruiser Pak" model. :) lol

Also, I remember the "preview" ads for the Lexus IS200 were pretty good. I wanted one, until I saw the engine specs...

A

·
0 Posts
i even went to the trouble of d/l the Zoom Zoom song, and the HSV V8 commercial :)

excellent viewing!!

need something like that here with a bunch of trick 6's - 1st & 2nd gens - of course with the sound of angry 4banger exhausts and BOV's (sorry gen2's)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh the good ol' Rav 4 commercials i forgot about those, they were pretty cool...

The most annoying commercials are those Hyundai commercials with the so called celebraties who talk about the cars, they just plain SH!T me.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Agreed!

I love the "bugger" series - they actually made it to the world stage and were a great add.

The other series - I think it's Toyota again is the umbilical brothers - Hilux ad's real good!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I enjoyed the HSV ad a few years ago (I think it was aired when the VR HSVs were released). Guy leaning against a VR GTS (or Senator) 215i, talking about his life, family, and financial situation.
Final line goes something like "....I thought about topping up my super.....then I thought "stuff that" ! Life's too short !...".
With that, he gets into his HSV and guns it down the road.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I'm trying to think back...Does any one remember an add for the MX6? Or did Mazda just do blanket advertising of all their cars?

:p PK

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah Mazda ran a small add for the "series 2" 2nd Gen a few years ago....you may remember it was the "Matchbox" ad, and the slogan was "it'll make you feel like a kid in a toyshop"......and I have the fully mounted and framed poster of that ad on my bedroom wall ! :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's not for sale ! ;)

I got it years ago Ric (1995 I think ?). I bought it from Max Kirwan Mazda....it's not a paper/cardboard poster, it's the properly mounted picture frame (laminex/MDF backing) that the dealers used in their showrooms (about 125cm in diameter). I think it was about $85, and they ordered it for me on the condition that I would not sell it to another dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts